Nicolas Alvarez wrote: >Scott Kitterman wrote: >> New thread as requested. >> >> I've been told on IRC that we will still have an integrated release >of >> what used to be KDE (I've no clue what to call it now since I think I >read >> KDE SC was deprecated). >> >> All I see in the messaging from the platform sprint seems to be about >> further deconstruction and decentralization. >> >> The KDE 4.7 beta 1 tarballs are an inconsistent mess that clearly >weren't >> coherently thought out (don't get me started about modules thinking >it'd >> be a >> great idea to split tarballs in 4.6.3). [to be clear, I'm not >against >> splitting, I'd just like it to be planned out and done consistently, >once >> so we don't have to redo packaging multiple times]. > >What module split tarballs in 4.6.3? I thought tarball layout remained >fixed >throughout 4.6. Kdeedu attempted this. It was not done in the end. The kdeedu 4.6.3 release had to come from svn even though they had already switched to git because the git bits couldn't be stitched back into a proper (for 4.6) tarball. It may be that there was more to the release implications of the git transition than "we're sure it'll get figured out by people who actually care about releases", but if there was it's not apparent to me. Scott K Scott K >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<