List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: unable to build kdeadmin from trunk
From:       Thomas =?UTF-8?B?TMO8Ymtpbmc=?= <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-05 21:13:37

Am Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:48:27 +0100
schrieb Zé <mmodem00@gmail.com>:

> 2011/6/5 Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking@gmail.com>:
> > Am Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:11:07 +0100
> > schrieb Zé <mmodem00@gmail.com>:

> >> I havent said that i was building with qt 4.8, im buiding with qt
> >> 4.74.
> >
> > Maybe _closely_ read the above lines, then _closely_ read the rest
> > of Thiago's reply:
>
> Seams you have NOT _closely_ read the 2 answers i have sent to what
> thiago posted.

you: "ld complains because of an undefined symbol"
Thiago: "that symbol is from 4.8, also you've to recompile everything
on a downgrade"
you: "i'm not compiling against 4.8"
you later: "i've compiled everything against 4.7"

Obviously only one of you can be right.
Even without taking any preknowledge into account (what could tempt one
to simply drop the check because the result is clear), looking up the
Qt sources says:
Thiago's right, you are not.

So it simply does not matter what you said - the point is that what
you said is wrong. Period.
You are either not compiling against 4.7 or libkldap was just relinked
from 4.8 to 4.7 w/o recompilation.

Therefore I told you to take a close look at the ld error, as well as
Thiago's comment and your reply, so you could have figured the above
and fix yourself.

The fact that my hint left outbox before your 2nd reply went inbox
is a fact, but it's completely irrelevant either - well maybe knowing
about i wouldn't even have tried...

Thomas