On Friday 3. June 2011 23.12.03 Stefan Majewsky wrote: Hi > Hi, > > snip > > Now as far as I understand the (IMHO surprisingly sparse) I didn't find the documentation sparse, but quite good. Have you looked at http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qtquick.html for instance? > QtDeclarative module documentation, the main gateway for transferring > information between C++ and QML is > declarativeView->engine()->rootContext()->setContextObject(). QML > retrieves data from the properties of this object and the subobjects > which it references, and invokes via JavaScript functions in this > object to propagate user input to the C++ layer. > > Is this correct? If so, I get a feeling that it would require a > potentially epic amount of boilerplate to make my already > interface-agnostic data available to QML. Can I do anything to make > this task simpler? Have a look at http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qtbinding.html ( Specifically the part about defining new QML elements.), and http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qdeclarativeitem.html I haven't looked at the code in KNetwalk, but is what you want to do possible by making AbstractGrid a subclass of QDeclarativeItem, and then creating an AbstractGrid object directly from QML? HTH Espen Hustad >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<