List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Disabling Oxygen's window dragging for specific QWidgets?
From:       Hugo Pereira Da Costa <hugo () oxygen-icons ! org>
Date:       2011-05-19 6:09:47

On 05/19/2011 06:41 AM, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2011, 00:41:40 schrieb David Jarvie:

>>> +1
>> +1
> Guess our arguments or solution are not considered, if you look at the
> following ideas in that thread :(

Dear Christoph, others,

I aknowledge the suggestion above (and the fact it has already been made
in that thread), and have already expressed the fact that I disagree
with it.

The reason for this disagreement is that I fail to see the actual
"conflicts" mentionned both in the suggestion and as a justification for
it. What I have seen instead in this thread is normal behavior of both
oxygen and the applications, without any actual functionality loss, and
some users being annoyed by this behavior. To me this does not justify a
change of the default settings.

(on the other hand it does justify that the ability to change this
default value is made more easily available to users, which has now been
committed).

I also said already that I would back off my position if Nuno disagrees
with me, but unfortunately Nuno is not even aware of this discussion,
because (as Martin already pointed out), it is not happening on the
right mailing list, (and does not have the right title, for that matter).

Hugo

Side note: actual "conflicts" between oxygen and applications, for which
the window-drag ability would result in functionality loss on the
application side, must be fixed (and have been, for the ones i am aware
of), no matter what the default value for the window drag mode is.