List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Disabling Oxygen's window dragging for specific QWidgets?
From:       Stefan Majewsky <stefan.majewsky () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-18 21:59:32

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Stefan Majewsky
<stefan.majewsky@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> So yes, all applications have to be fixed, not the style.
>>
>> I would say 29 kdegames say otherwise.
>
> That's unrelated to the discussion at hand. Thing is, we do not
> exactly have any type of spare manpower over at kdegames. *hint hint*

Now that I actually think about this consciously: Hugo, might it make
sense to disable window grabbing completely for everything that is a
QGraphicsView or a KGameCanvas? Their whole widget area contains
content, in the game case even a complicated background brush. And I
doubt the situation is any different for other applications using
QGraphicsView. The view area should be seen by the style as content
and be handled just like e.g. QListView would be handled, modulo the
difference that QListView probably does The Right Thing™ by default.

In other words, I suggest that the _kde_no_window_grab property be
added to KGameCanvas code
(trunk/KDE/kdegames/libkdegames/kgamecanvas), and that Oxygen be
changed such that _kde_no_window_grab behavior is enforced on
QGraphicsView-derived widgets, possibly by setting _kde_no_window_grab
during polishing.

Greetings
Stefan