List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Where register for emerge KDE sources?
From:       szyk100 <szyk100 () o2 ! pl>
Date:       2011-05-11 13:52:23

Hello

I want modify Kate to make it competitor to the other editor under
Windows. I follow instructions on page:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/emerge

And every thing goes well to this point:

"Next, if you have configured your kdesettings.bat to use svn+ssh for
your subversion checkout, then you need to run:
plink <your-svn-username>@svn.kde.org
plink <your-kde-username>@git.kde.org"

But I didn't configure kdesettings.bat to use SSH!

C:\x-unix\kdedev\emerge>kdeenv.bat
kdesettings.bat executed
KDEROOT     : c:\x-unix\kdedev
KDECOMPILER : mingw4
KDESVNDIR   : c:\x-unix\kdedev\svn
KDEGITDIR   : c:\x-unix\kdedev\git
PYTHONPATH  : C:\x-unix\python2
DOWNLOADDIR : c:\x-unix\kdedev\download

But I was trying emerge qt and I got "mising files" errors.
Do I need register some where to emerge qt, kdelibs, and kdebase-app?
What package I supposed to emerge to got kate sources?

Questions about my upcomming modifications to Kate:
Under Windows Kate don't remember window sizie after close. And raising
kate from background don't work as expected due to windows focus
protection. What do you thing fixing that will be valuable to other
users? Shoud I register somewhere and commit changes?

thanks
Szyk