List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Cannot build strigi
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-16 4:44:34

On Saturday 16 April 2011 1:19:38 pm Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> writes:
> > But '... http: ...' does not.  I am using bog-standard kdesrc-build-1.13,
> > as per http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/kdesrc-build.
> > That script uses http://anongit.kde.org/ as its default git repository
> > and, in my case, clones all the KDE libraries and modules except
> > strigi.
>
> Well, the kdesrc-buildrc-sample in kdesrc-build's git repository uses
> git:// as the default protocol, and it looks like it has been this way
> for some time already, and the TechBase like does not mention 'http://'
> in any point.

You're right.  My mistake.  My apologies, Raphael and Ben.

> > So maybe kdesrc-build should use git:...etc. as its default repository,
> > rather than http:, and maybe the Getting Started pages need to specify
> > what versions of tools you need ...
>
> I don't actually think it's directly related to versions: I just tested
> cloning strigi via http:// in a remote machine running git 1.5.5.6 and
> kernel 2.6.18 and it worked just fine.
>
> Are you sure you are not behind any kind of proxy or firewall that could
> cause any kind of trouble? How about the GIT_CURL_VERBOSE environment I
> mentioned in my other mail (it is only useful with the http protocol)?
> GIT_CURL_VERGIT_CURL_VERBOSEBOSEGIT_CURL_VERBOSE

I tried GIT_CURL_VERBOSE and 'kdesrc-build strigi' worked fine.  Then I tried
it again without the GIT_CURL_VERBOSE and it worked fine.  I think I am
already getting your fix from anongit.  My logs now show that strigi is using
git:// protocol to get its submodules, whereas earlier logs said http://.

I do not know whether I am behind any kind of proxy or firewall that could
have caused this trouble, but whether I am or not, git:// seems to be the
way to go.   Thanks very much for the fix, Raphael.

BTW, there seems to be another 'http://' lurking in the strigi script called
'change_to_development_git.sh'.

Thanks very much for your help, Raphael and Ben.  Problem solved!

All the best, Ian W.