List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Cannot build strigi
From:       Michael Jansen <info () michael-jansen ! biz>
Date:       2011-04-14 22:20:58

On Thursday 14 April 2011 08:34:08 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 14.04.11 16:00:11, Ian Wadham wrote:
> > Now kdesrc-build-1.13 reports the first failure on strigi.  After that,
>
> > no major modules will build build.  Re strigi, I get the messages:
> Looks like either someone broke the strigi repository, or your cmake
> cannot handle Git submodules that well. I recall a related bugfix in
> cmake 2.8.3 or 2.8.4. If updating cmake does not help, you can try to
> update the submodules manually, go to the strigi repository then do
>
> git submodule init
> git submodule update
>
> if that also fails you're out of luck until someone fixes the
> repository or you use the indvidual separated strigi repositories.

Don't do that:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3168442&group_id=171000&atid=856302

And it looks like there is no intention to solve it. They made a curious mess
with the strigi git migration. On one hand they tried to break it up (even
installing different cmake config files) on the other hand they require you
to build to the strigi repository which downloads all others.

Mike