List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KHTMLPart executeScript() infinite loop
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-04-13 21:26:48

On Wednesday 13 April 2011, sebaro wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a problem with executeScript() in a KHTMLPart.
> Mr. bcooksley from KDE Forums recommended sending an email to you.

It turns out that you got lucky though, emilsedgh relayed your question to
Maksim on IRC, who wrote a reply, and I'm pasting that reply here for you ;)
Next time, kfm-devel, it will be simpler ;)

> KHTMLPart loads, it executes the script,
> then it seems like is loading "someDataPath" like a new document too,
> so it executes the script again, therefore an infinite loop.

Maksim's answer:

"It should only happen if someDataPath is html (or if embed is really iframe).
But if you want to only run for top-levels (which is unclear whether it
should), you should see KHTMLPart::parentPart()."

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr