List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC 2011 : Own Project Idea [GTD , AndroSync] and Proposal Help
From:       Praveen A <pravi.a () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-05 14:19:57

2011/4/5 Md.Muneeb <md.muneeb.k.s@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I want to develop a GTD application (if I can apply with this as a project)
> for KDE. A similar application for Gnome [http://gtg.fritalk.com/] exists.
> So I wanted to make such application for KDE.
> Is it worth GSoC?

It has to be with a project that is accepted by google and there
should be a mentor in that project who can help you with this idea.

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2011

So I suggest you apply with KDE with this idea ans also look for other
ideas you like from those listed on the site.

If you click on the organization name it will take you to a page with
a link to ideas list.

> Also the second project is regarding offline Synchronization of Contacts and
> Messages of Android based phone [my be called as AndroSync]. The motivation
> behind this project comes from the fact that I (and many like me) fear to
> sync my contacts on cloud and I need a better solution like Nokia provides
> for Synchronization with Nokia PC Suite.
>
> So I need further guidance regarding the projects proposed. Are they worth
> for GSoC? If yes how should I proceed further?

Android project is not listed there. May be you could still propose it
to KDE to be done as part of kontact.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍