List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Project Proposal
From:       Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab () web ! de>
Date:       2011-03-27 13:19:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Anand,

On Sunday 27 March 2011 12:46:41 Anand Srivastava wrote:
> In KIO + Dolphin & Konqueror when we connect to ftp , we are able to browse
> ftp and in case we are willing to browse local system we are required to
> open another file browser. The KFtp that I'm proposing will have 2 file
> browsers in parallel (Local file system & remote file system) & thus giving
> the user a very easy to use interface (Allowing drag and drop between them
> also).

Try hitting F3 in Dolphin: It goes into split view. If you then have an FTP
URL in your bookmarks (like me), you're just one click away from having the
FTP on one side and tae foles on the other.

… yes, sometimes it's frightening how often when I think "this would be cool",
KDE can already do it :)

Best wishes,
Arne