List:       kde-devel
Subject:    GSOC 2011: MDI interface for Okular
From:       Dawid Trendota <dawid.trendota () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-25 10:29:07

Hello,
My name is Dawid. I would like to propose an idea for GSoC 2011.

Project title: Okular Tabs

Brief explanation: Okular currently doesn't support viewing multiple pdf files
simultaneously. The basic idea is to provide this option by MDI interface.
User should be able to open several documents in tabs. Tabbed interface is
very convenient when you have to work with several documents simultaneously.
MDI interface will allow user to arrange created tabs: tile them vertically,
horizontally or cascade - users will be able to compare documents easily.
Possibility to search throughout all opened documents will be nice addition.

Expected results: Okular with MDI interface ;).

Motivation for project: Okular with MDI interface(or just with tabs) is
expected by many KDE-users. This idea was discussed on forum.kde.org, kde-
look.org, bugs.kde.org and Okular-devel and always it has many supporters.
Tabbed okular is also my personal wish.

Dawid Trendota