List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kmail without nepomuk
From:       jam <jam () tigger ! ws>
Date:       2011-03-23 0:21:23

Guys, without starting a flame war, the whole nepomuk shebang ruined the
best mailer around.

[info] I use gnome not kde. Every single time I start kmail on any of my
machines I need to start kmail twice. Once with 'nepomuk not
running' [report] [close], also with 'Nepomuk search service not
registered at D-Bus'. Also requires 2 starts.

Is it feasable to build kmail without nepomuk services?
I've done projects with QT but the build process for kontact looks
intimidating.

Nepomuk spends ages with CPU pegged and driving the disk for *something*
I see no use for in any way, and cannot imagine ever using!

Thanks
James