List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-scm-interest] Re: Usage of pull rebasing and merges
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2011-02-08 19:24:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 08 February 2011 17:55:03 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > Excuse my ignorance... But what is "git rerere"?
>
> These emails are a clear sign to me that we need recommended workflows of
> how to do things...

Excuse my ignorance(*), but when all that matters (things like releases)
happen in one central repository, why not just use a central repository system
that just doesn't allow all these ugly things? And maybe doesn't have such a
steep learning curve?

Have fun,

Arnold

(*) I have yet to see the advantage of fragmented (aka decentralized) version
control systems in general and git specially.