List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kcm_keyboard 4.5.4 fails to build
From:       Zé <mmodem00 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-17 6:24:28

Em Sexta, 24 de Dezembro de 2010 16:58:41 Erik escreveu:
> > This is because you use -DKDE4_ENABLE_FINAL=ON
> >
> > I don't know if we support it or not but the above list will know.
>
> I have used --enable-final to build my KDE packages for many years. Even
> now, most packages work with that build style. So nothing needs to be
> fixed in the build system. Therefore I do not want to bother those
> people over there. The errors that I found now need to be fixed in the
> C++ source code.
In kde3.5 i was also used to use enable-final, but in kde4 this hasnt become
possible due to the many kde modules that stopped working with it.

Lets just see kdelibs4, when building you are warned about severall apps that
cant support enable-final: see the output of kdelibs4 build warning messages:

-- Building PolkitQt-1 KAuth backend
-- You used enable-final argument but "kjs" doesn't support it. Try to fix
compile it and remove KDE4_NO_ENABLE_FINAL macro. Thanks
-- Looking for PCRE_CONFIG_STACKRECURSE - found
-- You used enable-final argument but "solid" doesn't support it. Try to fix
compile it and remove KDE4_NO_ENABLE_FINAL macro. Thanks
-- Building Solid fstab backend.
-- Found Flex: /usr/bin/flex
-- You used enable-final argument but "kde3support" doesn't support it. Try to
fix compile it and remove KDE4_NO_ENABLE_FINAL macro. Thanks
-- Found ENCHANT: /usr/include/enchant
-- You used enable-final argument but "khtml" doesn't support it. Try to fix
compile it and remove KDE4_NO_ENABLE_FINAL macro. Thanks
-- Found Avahi: /usr/include
-- You used enable-final argument but "plasma" doesn't support it. Try to fix
compile it and remove KDE4_NO_ENABLE_FINAL macro. Thanks

So i really dont get at all how have you been using  -DKDE4_ENABLE_FINAL=ON to
build kde4....?