List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Current Problem KDEPIM [was Re: Errarous Release 4.5.5 today]
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2011-01-15 10:47:36

Am Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2011, 10:08:47 schrieb Juergen Sauer:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2011 schrieb Tom Albers:

Who judges the status of the code. Why are there so many users that can do
their daily work with this all so broken KDE release? Version numbers do not
mean anything, you can as well give each KDE release an animal's name and get
rid of the numbering, it would not change anything. The code created and fixed
within six months needs to be released. Otherwise you cannot supply fixes for
application x just because there is still a bug in application y. What you
want is the moon on a stick and that won't happen.

> > If some distro is shipping kdepim with a version number of 4.5, it should
> > have been marked as *unstable*. Most distro's ship kdepim 4.4.5 or
> > higher at the moment, not 4.5.x.
>
> KDE is relased as 4.5.x as stable. KDEPIM 4.4.5 is as releleased part of
> kde far behind !

Was it not you who claimed that version numbers are increasing too fast? Now
kdepim takes a more conservative way and it's wrong again?

> In my humble opinion of view, no further *testing*, *unstable * releases
> and version number roulette may go on, without fixing such major problems
> before!
>
> KDE project as it self is in an major crisis!

If you and even more so your company uses KDE, you are part of the KDe project
and thus you and whatever company you were talking about should start
contributing now in those areas where you see most need.

> You are turning friends  to foe !
>
> This polcy which is here going on is destructive!

Really? So why is KDE growing and not dying since KDE 4.0 was released?
Criticising without contributing is more destructive IMHO.

Sven