List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KNewStuff questions (uninstalling/providers)
From:       Martin <darklight.xdarklight () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-09 1:05:00

Hi,

currently I'm trying to add KNewStuff3 support in yakuake.
Unfortunately I've come to a point where I need some help.

My first problem is that we want to validate the "entries" after installing
them.
Since there's not entryInstalled() signal in KNS3::DownloadWidget we agreed to
validate all installed entries after the dialog/widget was closed.
I implemented that, but it seems that it's not possible to uninstall an entry
via code after it's been installed.
The user would have to manually uninstall it via the UI.

The main problem here is that the KNS3::Engine header is not installed [0].
Having it installed would solve my problem.
Do you think the header could be installed (plus having that fix backported to
the 4.6 branch), since it does not break anything (but add something useful
instead)?
I'm not sure what would speak against it, as the KNS2::Engine header is
already installed.

My second problem is the provider configuration.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, since calling the opendesktop API directly
([1]) only lists one entry.
But when using knewstuff4 and the knsrc file (see [2]) it lists quite a few
entries, which are in different categories.
Is there something wrong with my knsrc file or is there some other configuration
(maybe on the opendesktop.org side?) required for the "Yakuake Skins" category
(this category is available on kde-look.org: [3]).

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Martin

PS: Please keep me CC'ed as I'm not subscribed to the list.

[0] http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-
apidocs/knewstuff/html/classKNS3_1_1Engine.html
[1] http://api.opendesktop.org/v1/content/data?categories=87
[2] http://paste.kde.org/2050/
[3] http://kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=87