List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to use KServices with PyKDE ?
From:       François_K. <daitheflu () free ! fr>
Date:       2011-01-05 12:50:59

Hi,

I'm writing an application with PyQt4/PyKDE4 which I want to be plugin-based. For \
example, I plan to have a "pictures module" which can get its data from different \
sources such as my local files, flickr, picasa or even digiKam. For now, I wanted to \
stuck to PyQt4 but I changed my mind and I would like it to be well integrated with \
KDE. As a result, I'm now deeply immersed into KDE's API and found out about \
KServices, which seems to be exactly what I need. Each module of the application \
(like the "pictures module") could be a plugin, and each source of data (local files, \
flickr, digiKam...) could be one too. My problem is that the doc seems to miss some \
aspects of it, and provides help for C++ dev. I tried to study some C++ code but \
things are still a bit fuzzy, especially because I guess things won't work the same \
way with PyKDE4 (there is no CMakeLists.txt, or Macro for example). I've also looked \
at the printer config dialog which is written with PyKDE4 but it works as KCModule, \
and things are also different.

My problem is that I don't have precise questions, I'd just like to study some \
working example to understand everything before I dive into my code.

Does anyone already dealt with KServices and PyKDE4 ? Do you know where I can find \
some examples, or further help ?

Thanks a lot again,

--
François