List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: dolphin runs in background
From:       Slavko Igric <slavko.igric () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-10 16:56:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 10 of November 2010 15:15:03 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Are you attempting to run trunk in a 4.5 environment?

Debian squeezy, no kde-4.5 (uninstalled)

> Otherwise check whether your dbus stack (session bus) is flooded (try
> "qdbus"  - if there's no output, you've got a problem)

"qdbus" return lot of stuff

> --nofork only runs a second dolphin instance ie, a second process instead
> of  trying to hook onto an existing one (therefore bypasses any dbus
> issues)

Hmm, if I run dolphin without --nofork it runs but then when I close it I
can't start second instance of it:

lav@debian:~$ dolphin --nofork
kde(4715): KUniqueApplication: Can't setup D-Bus service. Probably already
running.
--
Skype name: lav1968
sip:lav1968@ekiga.net