List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to keep my app's full screen windows out of KWin's alt-tab
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2010-10-27 19:47:30

Am Wednesday 27 October 2010 schrieb vr@movingparts.net:
> So are you saying those Atoms won't be honored by the KDE4 taskbar either?
> Or are you saying that just KWin in KDE4 ignores them?

it's only ignored for the switcher. taskbars & pagers will oc still honor it.

> I did try _NET_WM_TYPE_UTILITY, but had some problems with the other Window
> Managers.

Ahh yeah - two screens / virtual desks can become a problem with utility
windows - didn't think about this :-(

The only reamaining (but local) solution would afaics then to add a custom
window rule to not show the window in the switcher... =\

Thomas