List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: X11 / broken input focus, need so. to reproduce
From:       Arno Rehn <kde-devel () arnorehn ! de>
Date:       2010-10-14 21:01:12

On Thursday 14 October 2010 22:49:20 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> @Arno:
> Just for "curiosity" - was only kmail affected or was the entire X server
> taken like after a pointer grab? (ie. you could click nowhere)
It was kinda strange. I could type my reply, but as soon as I hit 'Send' the
window froze. Well, it didn't freeze really. Because it still reacted to focus
changes (I could still see the style drawing things differently). But it
apparently didn't react to messages, because KWin suggested to kill kmail.

Restarting kmail didn't change anything. I could again open a 'New Mail'
window, type something, and when I hit 'Send' it part-froze again.
Looked a bit as if that toolbutton was constantly receiving MouseDown events,
but not a single MouseUp event.

This only seemed to affect kmail. It could be entirely unrelated to your test
case, but this strange behaviour only started after I tried.

--
Arno Rehn
arno@arnorehn.de