List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Remove runtime path on installation
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-10-07 18:21:47

On 07.10.10 14:36:47, Joachim Langenbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ok, thanks so far.
>
> I want to do that, because lintian says
>
>   E: meganizer-kde: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
>
> So I want to fix this error. But may be I must call a special debhelper command
> to remove the rpath during packaging.

Well, that means there is either a bug in lintian or in cmake. CMake
shouldn't add paths in /usr/lib to RPATH because thats indeed wrong (as its
in /etc/ld.so.conf already) and distro packager hate that kind of thing. So
if you build with CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr (i.e. a package) and you get
RPATH on the installed files pointing to /usr/lib, then cmake has a bug.
Otherwise its simply an error in lintians check for the rpath which needs
to be fixed in lintian (rather than worked-around).

Andreas

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.