List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KSysMonitor mail list? - Or, add application _category's_ lists?
From:       "giovanni_re" <john_re () fastmail ! us>
Date:       2010-09-25 18:38:45

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:35:55 +0100, "John Tapsell" <johnflux@gmail.com>
said:
> [...]

Actually, after thinking about this a bit, it does seem excessively fine
grained to have a mailing list for just ksysmon.

I think it would be better if the ksysmon correspondence went into an
all system, or all utilities list.  (Whichever category ksysmon is in.)

If it didn't merely go into the kde-devel list.
"General development lists
- kde-devel - for application developers (both applications in central
KDE packages and contributed applications "

I don't see either an all "system" or "utilities" list. Is there one?
One would think that such lists should have been created before creating
lists for specific applications.  They should be listed on either the
"all applications" page,
http://www.kde.org/applications/
or on the individual "system", Utilities, etc, subpages.
http://www.kde.org/applications/system/
http://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/

Each of the _categories_ listed on the all applications page should have
it's own list.

If any new list was to be created, the first thing should be the
category mailing lists, such as system or utilities.

KDE-devel is showing only 150-300 messages/month recently - maybe the
system or utilities lists aren't worth creating?  But, i think it
probably would be worth creating, to have that greater specificity than
merely the kde-devel list.

Your thought/opinion?