List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: setPassword doesn't work at all ( was  Ark development against
From:       Aaron Lewis <aaron.lewis1989 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-19 3:53:57

Hi Raphael ;-)
>> I did a modification on archivebase.{h,cpp} , ok , all these codes are
>> for testing only , but it just didn't work.
>>
>> Is there already a c++ class for detecting protections ? I didn't find
>> one. Would be better with a new class to do all
>> kind of works.
>>
>> Please help me ;-(
>>
>> ListJob* ArchiveBase::list()
>> {
>> if ( isRarFile() && rarIsProtected() ) {
>> m_isPasswordProtected = true;
>>
>> PasswordNeededQuery *query = new PasswordNeededQuery(
>> fileName() , true );
>> query->execute();
>> qDebug() << query->password(); // Got outputs , all good.
>> if (query->password().isEmpty() ) return NULL;
>> setPassword ( query->password() ); // Fails ? Nothing works ,
>> it still stuck on listing ... ;-(
>> }
>> }
>
> No, there's no class for detecting protections. Judging from the
> behaviour you mention in the comments, the rar/unrar process is
> probably stuck waiting for the password input -- if you run "unrar vt
> foo.rar" and foo.rar is header-protected the first thing the process
> adoes is wait for a password before listing the archive contents.
Nope , using a process calling unrar to test an archive encryptions is
a slow , stupid way , for its limited performance with extremely large
files.

I've already found another way to work out , no limitations at all.
As there's no relevant class to do the detection , let's organize it
off-list.

Anyway ,

isRarFile() && rarIsProtected() never hangs for most of the time.

It hangs because setPassword is not working with file header
encryption , cause i could see my password with qDebug() ..

> You might want to go the KPty way, which is what Ark used to do
> before, but that means it will not work on Windows, for example.
Since i never play on Windows machines , i don't really care it for
the while ...

- --
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0x4A6D32A0
FingerPrint EA63 26B2 6C52 72EA A4A5 EB6B BDFE 35B0 4A6D 32A0
irc: A4R0NL3WI5 on freenode