List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to make a window/widget work/behave like a panel?
From:       todd rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-16 17:24:33

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Yogesh Marwaha <yogeshm.007@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking of adding a ui plugin for my sparkle media player which will
> dock vertically/horizontally; more importantly vertically given the fact that
> most of the lcd monitors in the market are wide screen and one can
> dedicate a fair amount of screen space to one's favourite app.
> Its just an idea though, might not be practical, but I want to implement this...
> for sure.

I think this is exactly the sort of thing you would want to use a
plasmoid for.  With a plasmoid you could set it up so it can live on
the desktop, or be placed inside an existing panel, and could look and
behave differently in the two situations (or not).  This would give
people more flexibility in where they put it and how it is set up.

-Todd