List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PowerManagement changing hard disk settings
From:       "Roman Jarosz" <kedgedev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-01 17:42:54

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:49:26 +0200, Dario Freddi <drf54321@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I have pm-utils-1.4.1, so maybe it is some miscommunication between
>> PowerDevil and pm-utils/hal, will try to check it tomorrow.
>>
>> It would be good If somebody could tell me where should I be looking
>> (commenting out code).
>
> This issue should have been fixed in the HAL backend - however, the main
> cause
> is not to be blamed on high level components, as this change has been
> done in
> pm-utils/upower/HAL. Please see http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/4634/ .
> Basically
> that was a behavior change on HAL which triggered this problem - the
> default
> has been changed now, but you might need to fix your profiles.

Yes reediting the profiles helped, but shouldn't the
Solid::Control::PowerManager::setPowerSave(settings->readEntry("setPowerSave",
true));
be also changed to false in
kdebase/workspace/powerdevil/daemon/PowerDevilDaemon.cpp?

IMHO this is bug which should be fixed before KDE SC 4.5 is out.

Regards,
Roman