List:       kde-devel
Subject:    PowerManagement changing hard disk settings
From:       "Roman Jarosz" <kedgedev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-29 19:02:39

Hi,

when I have switched to KDE 4.5. I've notice that the system lags a lot,
and after some debugging (and almost going back to 4.4) I found out that
PowerManagemet is always changing the APM_level of my /dev/sda disk to 1,
which mostly parks the disk heads cca. every 5 seconds during normal work.

This is really bad because I have to wait 1-2s till the heads are unparked,
but what's even worse that I can't find any option how to disable it.

I would like to ask if I can disable it somewhere, or if I have to hack it
in code?
Also IMHO so aggressive power saving shouldn't be forced by default.

Regards
Roman