List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase-runtime links to Qt's phonon rather than to KDE's phonon
From:       Martin Sandsmark <sandsmark () samfundet ! no>
Date:       2010-07-03 8:22:12

On Saturday 03 July 2010 10:10:56 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> If you disable Phonon when building Qt, then Qt functionality that
> uses Phonon, such as multimedia support in QtWebkit, is switched off
> in your build...

QtWebkit is apparently shipped separately by now¹, and I was told they were
moving to QtMultimedia (although there was apparently some regressions for a
while so they temporarily moved back, I think, or something like that, so I'm
not sure what the status is).

You'll still miss the Phonon examples that Qt ship with, but (AFAIK), we have
exactly the same examples in the Phonon dir in kdeexamples (otherwise I should
copy them over).

¹: http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2010/03/03/qtwebkit-releases/

--
Martin Sandsmark