List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase-runtime links to Qt's phonon rather than to KDE's phonon
From:       Trent Shea <trentshea () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-02 13:41:28

On Friday 02 July 2010 03:35:28 Angel Tsankov wrote:
> > I don't believe this is necessary. I have both versions of phonon, and
> > always  have.
>
> And you don't have any problem?!  Tell us how you do it, please.  I am
> particularly interested in where you install Qt, do you install it from
> source or is it pre-built and how you configure kde packages.

I don't imagine this to be an exotic setup, I'm sure others can add success
stories to this thread. Anyhow, I build qt and kde from source, installing to
/opt/qt and /opt/kde. I pass "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde -
DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DPHONON_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/kde/include -
DPHONON_LIBRARY=/opt/kde/lib/libphonon.so" to all kde packages; that's it,
nothing crazy. That said, I don't build everything so maybe this config does
break somewhere (polkit comes to mind...)

Current versions:

kde packages are from 4.4 branch
ii  kdeadmin                  1141471
ii  kdeartwork                1141471