List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase-runtime links to Qt's phonon rather than to KDE's phonon
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annmam () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-01 9:16:22

On Thursday 01 July 2010 10:20:54 Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Thursday 01 July 2010 5:40:34 pm Angel Tsankov wrote:
> > I think PHONON_* and QT_PHONON_* look fine, but I still can't figure out
> > why the build system tries to link kcm_phonon to
> > /opt/qt/qt/lib/libphonon.so rather than to /usr/lib/libphonon.so.  By
> > the way, which phonon should kcm_phonon be linked to: the one that comes
> > with Qt (/opt/qt/qt/lib/libphonon.so) or the one available at
> > ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/phonon (/usr/lib/libphonon.so).  If it
> > is the latter, then either I'm not building KDE the way it should be
> > built or there is some bug in the build system...
>
> Did anyone in this discussion mention
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Prerequisites#Phonon
That's me who updated this page based on whatever I can make sense of....

This Phonon business is a mess (a communication mess) and I don't find it easy
to really know what is going on, either from Phonon KDE people or from Qt
people...

For example I am not sure if Qt 4.7 needs to be installed in order for this
Phonon from Qt 4.7 to work (remember, this techbase page is for people
building from scratch and on their own).
Personally I get a KNotify crash linking to Qt 4.7 phonon gstreamer in a new
clean KDE 4.5 branch build and new clean install...

sure of any information!

Anne-Marie

PS: building trunk on its own is getting more and more difficult!