List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Child process not killed at logout
From:       Robin Atwood <robin () binro ! org>
Date:       2010-06-29 14:59:54

I have an app which attaches a lot child processes using KProcess. When the
application is closed by the user, the main class destructor essentially
issues:

	myProc[k]->close();
	myProc[k]->waitForFinished();

on each process. However, if I logout while the app is still running, the
child processes are left running. After perusing the KMainWindow doc, I tried
moving the code to "queryClose()" and also connecting to the
"QCoreApplication::aboutToQuit()" signal, which both failed to close the
processes. Note that the child processes are standard cli utilities which
don't have an interactive mode to send shutdown commands to. Even a normal use
close sometimes produces the message:
	QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.

The doc says that session management should call "queryClose()" at logout time
but Qt is not waiting for it? Anybody have any insight into this?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling