List:       kde-devel
Subject:    plasmascript.Applet sub-classing (Python)
From:       Thomas Olsen <tanghus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-25 9:54:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi

I have a couple of scripted Plasmoids which share a lot of code, so I decided to
make a BasePlasmoid class [1] that they could inherit from. I'm testing it in
one of the Plasmoids [2] and everything seems to work OK.
The only problem so far is that I have made some simple network monitoring
in the base class which sends a notification if the network disconnects and
after subclassing this notification gets send twice.
I know I can be quite blind some times but I really think I have removed
all duplicate code.
Could someone share their eyes with me for a minute and have a look?

[1] http://code.google.com/p/google-translator/source/browse/trunk/google-translator/contents/code/base.py
 [2] http://code.google.com/p/google-translator/source/browse/trunk/google-translator/contents/code/main.py

PS: If you see some obvious bad coding I would really appreciate to know :-)

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen