List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Solid in Python
From:       Thomas Olsen <tanghus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-15 12:48:49

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 14:33:00 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 June 2010 13:32:49 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> > On Tuesday 15 June 2010 13:24:38 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > > QObject.connect(Solid.Networking.Notifier, SIGNAL("statusChanged()"),
> > > self.netstate_changed)
> > >
> > > Which gives me these errors:
> > >     QObject.connect(Solid.Networking.Notifier,
> > >     SIGNAL("statusChanged()"),
> > >
> > > self.netstate_changed)
> > >
> > > TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
> > >   QObject.connect(QObject, SIGNAL(), QObject, SLOT(),
> > >
> > > Qt.ConnectionType=Qt.AutoConnection): argument 1 has unexpected type
> > > 'PyQt4.QtCore.pyqtWrapperType'
> >
> > I have no experience with PyKDE at all, but the message looks to me like
> > "Solid.Networking.Notifier" is a type, i.e. you need to do something like
> >
> > instance = Solid.Networking.Notifier()
> > QObject.connect(instance, ...)
> >
> > Greetings
> > Stefan
>
> Close. It was actually:
>
> notifier = Solid.Networking.notifier()
> QObject.connect(notifier, SIGNAL("statusChanged()"), self.netstate_changed)
>
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :-)
>
> Now I'm excited too see if the signal actually gets emitted ;-)

If anyone's interested it must be:

QObject.connect(notifier, SIGNAL("statusChanged(Solid::Networking::Status)"),
self.netstate_changed)

One of the downsides about old-style signal/slot connecting is that no error
message is given if the arguments don't match :-/

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen