List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Idea to get the kde source code
From:       Andreas Marschke <xxtjaxx () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-30 7:26:01

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 14:25 +0200, Sebastian Kgler wrote:
> On Monday 24 May 2010 00:43:43 Jonathan Raphael Joachim Kolberg wrote:

> > > kdesvn-build can handle git repos just fine (the last-released one, not
> > > sure about the one shipping with KDE 4.4).
> >
> > I think the main idea would then an gui for kdesvn-build
>
> I think that would be a very useful thing to have. Michael Pyne (the
> maintainer of kdesvn-build) most likely has ideas about that, too. I've taken
> the liberty to CC: him, in case he missed this thread.
>
> Cheers,
I don't know if this would complicate the perl-script too much, but
there were perl-bindings recently added to kde-bindings so there would
be a way to do it "our way", because previously there were only
GTK-bindings for a bigger GUI-toolkit. But IMHO it would be better to do
a GUI seperate from the kdesvn-build script. Remember that it is mostly
used in cron-jobs and on build-servers.

Just my 2 cents,

Andreas Marschke.