List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bug in activity.cpp?
From:       info () michael-jansen ! biz
Date:       2010-05-27 11:44:59

> I am working in a virtual machine.
>
> I wiped things out again and started over.
>
> Another possible source of problems:
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Developing/Guide  (note that the techbase
> article takes one here for openSUSE).
>
> 'Install the KDE 4 development prerequisites'   (search for this on
> the page above).

Let me say this just once. I have no idea how appropriate it is to
discuss that opensuse recipe on this list. If we find problems with it
we cannot do anything but hope some of the lurking opensuse guys take
action. I guess there is a appropriate opensuse-kde-devel list or irc
channel or ...

> I've installed a 64 bit version of openSUSE 11.2 and yast finds that
> there are not, in many cases, x86_64 equivalent modules that I need.
>  One thing it suggests is backing up to an x586 module in spite of
> 'the inferior architecture'.
>
> Maybe it's not a good idea to try to build the KDE trunk in a 64 bit
> environment?

I do. That's really no problem. Here is how i work.

Install a new vm with the following configuration

1. Only xfce or console only
2. c++ development pattern
3. qt 4.x development packages if you do not plan to compile it yourself.
4. poppler, qca2, qtscript and their devel packages and you installed qt.
5. make sure not a single kde package is selected.

Then start to compile with kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase, kdepim

You probably will have some missing dependencies when trying to
configure stuff. Install them one by one and try again. Annoying but
this way you learn what's needed to compile kde.

And have a look at kdesvn-build (google it) or
build-tool(http://michael-jansen.biz/build-tool).

Mike