List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: digital signatures for kde =?UTF-8?Q?sources=3F?=
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-05-26 9:07:24

On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:37:57 +1000, Brad Hards <bradh@frogmouth.net>
wrote:
> This logic is basically one about putting an extra padlock on the front
> door,
> when there is no back wall. There are 2395 svn accounts that can write
> the
> repository, which is probably a much easier (i.e. more likely) place to
> introduce untrustworthy code than the package tarballs.

Sure, but those commits go to a mailinglist, so everyone can check what
goes in. Detecting that a tarball has changed (or MITM) results in no
commit message to any list. Changing the published sha1sums is a lot harder
btw, as those are in svn too. But I don't think many check sha1sums.

If the workflow is anywhere near sane for signing tarballs, I agree we
should do them.

Best,
--
Tom Albers