List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: source file for KProxyItemSelectionModel
From:       Frank Reininghaus <frank78ac () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-20 6:20:34

Hi,

2010/5/20 Mike Hancock:
> Hi, the other day I read a blog by Steveire that talked about using a
> KProxyItemSelectionModel  to share a model when you have a proxy model
> [1].  So I started to use it in the program I am writing.  It was
> working great, but when I updated the KDE trunk my program stopped
> compiling.  I found that the source file kproxyitemselectionmodel.cpp
> is no longer in /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/itemviews/ .

It seems that the class has been renamed to KLinkItemSelectionModel in
http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1127723

(note that such changes are no longer possible after the 4.5.0 release).

> the reason it is not working.  I am not sure if this class was
> renamed, or what.  but the header file still remains in trunk.

No, the header has been renamed as well. But if it's been installed by
an earlier trunk revision on your system, it will stay in the KDE
install directory untill to clean it up.

> there too.  any one know what happened to this.  I tried Googling it,
> but could not find any info on it

A way to investigate such problems is to look at the SVN logs. In this
case, you could have a look at

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/itemviews/?view=log

and try to identfy a recent commit which renamed or deleted the relevant files.

Cheers,
Frank