List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror plugin template
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2010-04-26 7:45:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday, 2010-04-26, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> The generated plugin doesn't actually do anything - just a skeleton that
> installs as a konq plugin, acquires KHTMLPart and installs a simple (empty)
> config dialog in the tools menu.

That's ok. Actually I think this is the way such a template should be,
otherwise it becomes difficult for its users to determine which code parts are
required and which are optional.

> If anyone have any suggestions for a simple tutorial task it could do I'd
>  be happy to implement that in the template

I would do that just in the tutorial's text but using the app template as the
starting section.
I've done something similar for the Akonadi Resource Tutorial [1] and received
good feedback for that.

Additionally it might make sense to commit the full example code to
kdeexamples [2]

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Akonadi/Resources