List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ftp clients
From:       Jonas_Bähr <jonas.baehr () web ! de>
Date:       2010-04-11 12:30:16

Hi,

Am 11.04.2010 um 13:05 schrieb Michael Zanetti:

> Hi Anne,
>
> On Sunday 11 April 2010 10:51:18 Anne Wilson wrote:
>> Again, some input onto userbase would be very useful.
>>

> I have created an initial article about file transfers. Feel free to
> edit it to
> make it look nicer and add missing/more informations :)
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/File_transfers

I'd suggest to remove the hint about inserting the password directly
into the URL. It is shown in cleartext and eventually stored as such
in the bookmarks. We shouldn't advertise this as "the way to go". In
Krusader we even hat some code to remove the password from the URL
before storing it as bookmark. Those how want their passwords to be
stored should use the wallet.

Otherwise it's nice that you highlighted the fact that most KDE
applications can access remote URLs directly from their open/save
dialog. Although present since KDE2 this advantage of a network-aware
desktop is still new for many users.

bye,
Jonas