List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde-config creates .kde directory
From:       Marko_Käning <mk-lists () email ! de>
Date:       2010-04-09 18:38:56

> kde4-config does the same thing.

(I am not surprised, rather expected to hear this...)

So, where do we go from here then?

Is the creation of the .kde folder wanted behaviour has to be considered to be a BUG?

kde-config --help says the following:
----
markos-imac:~ marko$ kde-config --help
Usage: kde-config [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [options]

A little program to output installation paths
----

Outputting installation paths is not (only) what it does then... Perhaps it was just \
omitted in the its help that it has to create the .kde folder for the current user in \
case the folder doesn't exist.

I wonder how many configure scripts of KDE applications rely on this behavior...

BUG or not, that is the question.