List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Get Hot New Stuff in Krita/KOffice
From:       Frederik Gladhorn <gladhorn () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-08 19:01:11

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Yesterday I followed the excellent techbase instructions and added GHNS
> download and upload to Krita.
That makes me happy :D let me know if there's anything else to add, like the
issue you had below.

> I think I "fake" a lot of it by having a sufficiently large number of
> knsrc files...

That's also what I would recommend for now. Also note that multiple
categories can be in one file. Maybe we can work out something with that
too. Currently the dialog misses a setter for them I think. Let me know if
you run into trouble.

I'm very interested in feedback about upload as well, since it's been
updated and extended quite a bit for 4.5. I bet there are still broken bits
an pieces around.

You can also ping me on irc if you have questions :)

Right now I'm changing the kcm in order to let the user add/remove
providers. By default the ones defined in a kde hosted file are taken, but
making that configurable and more open is on the roadmap :)

Greetings
Frederik