List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New Compression System
From:       Matteo Agostinelli <agostinelli () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-26 16:40:50

On Thursday 25 March 2010 18:04:37 todd rme wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Arno Rehn <kde-devel@arnorehn.de> wrote:
> >> I had Kernigan and Richie's C. I have studied C, and many, many other
> >> languages.
> >
> > vs.
> >
> >> However, The "learning curve" to find out how (1) to allocate memory
> >> ("MALLOC") [...] is too long
> >
> > Just wanted to constrast that.
> >
> > I smell trolls. I'm out.
>
> From the website:
>
> "If this is true, the author has stumbled upon a natural law that goes
> much deeper than mere data compression. And Chomsky, by studying
> linguistics, had found a truth of universal logic."
>
> Things start getting more and more...interesting starting about
> half-way through the article.
>
> The author of the site also seems to think he has overturned general
> relativity, but says he has had to stop this line of research because
> he is being persecuted.
>
> -Todd

> >> unsubscribe <<
Guys you should ignore this thread... I had a look at another page
(http://wehner.org/electro/einstein/index.htm) of the website linked by the
OP. Either this is a joke or the OP is trolling. He claims to have invented a
new image sensor when he clearly does not know even how a MOSFET works...
But I have to admit that I laughed out loud when I read this:

"The author was viciously tortured by the British government, and had to flee
the country. He had lost his house and all his possessions. Under these
circumstances, he was in no position to enter into protracted negotiations to
sell this set of inventions.  ....

A photoelectric image sensor should be known as a WEHNER image sensor.
A focal-plane curver should be known as a WEHNER curver."

I hope this is just a joke ....