Hi!

I devised a new compression system:

http://www.wehner.org/compress/

and felt it was time to deliver DLLs to the Internet community, to help the public gain familiarity with it.

Certain parts will be in the public domain.

However, The "learning curve" to find out how (1) to allocate memory ("MALLOC"), (2) create a window, (3) set up a question-and-answer menu and so on, is too long. I can create a codec (coder-decoder) in machine code - the ONLY way to do it, because it is time-critical. However , the "shell" to dress it up as a window application is taking too long to find. That "shell" could be C, C++, Perl or anything - as long as it allowed the inclusion of the "fast part" in machine code.

I say "window" application. I am planning to deliver for Unix, Linux and Apple. I find Microsoft "Windows" too unstable - particularly VISTA. So MS comes last in my list of priorities.

I joined the KDE community days ago, but found no way in. For example, I found that I could not post messages even after I had registered. The system would not let me re-register. I am looking for a bit of advice about wrapping my code in a window.

That is why I am writing to this address.

Regards

Charles Douglas Wehner

Alles in einem Postfach – Ich will Hotmail!