On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Dario Freddi wrote: > On Tuesday 23 March 2010 20:34:56 27/249 wrote: >> After a month, I finally found the issue and solved problems, so I >> think you should know details and clarify it in some howto. > > That's good news. Feel free (you or some good volunteer) to add a page to > {Tech,User}Base: there are plently of useful info around b.k.o and my blog, > more than in this thread. In this key, I would like to create (or modify) a page which describes not only polkit issues, but complete dependency tree. If you already have one, please point me onto it, I did't found. >> First of all: ConsoleKit is required, not optional. Without this stuff >> - nothing works. > > Yes. But it's a requirement for polkit itself, and not KAuth. However, you can > still bypass ConsoleKit by changing the system policies for "All consoles", > which default to "no". > > It's not like polkit does not work without consolekit: it's just that by > default you're not authorized at all to do anything. So it definitely appears > like it's not working, but you're simply unauthorized. Seems to be so, but there is no configuration GUI for polkit-1 (like it was for old policykit). Another strange thing was that I got segfault, not "not authorized" while accessing kcmclock, but may be it was related to wrong paths. > >> Second place: I had built polkit-1 with wrong paths, there should be >> --libexecdir=/usr/lib/polkit-1 > > This is totally unrelated to KDE, and should not affect at all KAuth. I think > it should definitely work without that specific libexec dir (in fact on my > system it's even different). I think it simply should be in sync between all components - in another words, all communicating components should expect same path. For my system it was /usr/lib/polkit-1, for another system it can be another. The main trouble was that there is almost no documentation of how to build polkit and it's dependencies from scratch, so I had to do "try random and see if it works" :) >> After that, I rebuilt whole KDE, and at least pkexec started working, >> and KAuth-enabled stuff appears to show that it can work, but it still >> didn't work. As I found little later, it was because in slackware >> default config dir for KDE is /etc/kde, not /etc, so dbus stuff was >> placed in wrong place. When I finally move this to right place, >> everything works fine. > > Good news. Please, be also aware that the stuff that goes in /etc is related > to DBus and not KDE, so if you don't like to move files manually you can: > >  - Add a configuration file to dbus telling it to look somewhere else for the > config files >  - Change the installation path of the DBus system policies in KDE buildsystem > to put them in the correct directory. Have a look into > kdelibs/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake, macro kde4_auth_install_helper_files > > If I were you I'd definitely go for the second. I decided to change -DSYSCONF_INSTALL_DIR in kde cmake options (it was /etc/kde, i changed to /etc) and rebuild everything. So I think I'm going the right way :) Thanks for comments and help! -- Best regards, AiX 27/249 [Using null methods] >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<