On 19.03.10 12:09:10, lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com wrote: > Given the big move to git I've been researching git - tutorials etc. > One of the things that popped up was the impression that git is very > poorly supported under windows, to the point of not being practically > usable. Is this still true? if so isn't it a problem? Well, given the fact that the Qt devs are certainly working on windows with git and my own experience I think most of that information is simply outdated. Git on windows is slower than on linux currently, that however might even be the difference of filesystems, but other than that I haven't found anything that didn't work that you usually use "everyday". Except maybe (yeah there's always an exception ;) that cloning a local repository on your disk might need the git-bash-shell instead of the standard windows cmd.exe. I never looked closer at why that sometimes doesn't work though. Andreas -- Your own qualities will help prevent your advancement in the world. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<