List:       kde-devel
Subject:    GSoC Proposal
From:       Sukhbir Singh <singheinstein () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-08 19:24:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi there,

I am interested in doing a screen shot software for KDE, something on the
lines of SnagIt for Windows and Shutter for GNOME.

Of course there is KSnapshot but it lacks certain features which I will be
adding. I have already discussed with some KDE mentors and they really like
the idea but can't mentor it because of it being outside their domain.

Is any developer interested in mentoring this? It can work out wonders if
done properly. I can discuss the idea fully is anyone is interested. This
holds benefit for KDE, as there would be a proper centralized app for doing
everything related to screen shots. I think most developers would
immediately feel the need for it.

My main focus would be on simplicity, a clean UI (which most screen grabbing
apps lack) and support for the social networking web.

--
Sukhbir