List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Automatic shutdown
From:       Andreas Marschke <xxtjaxx () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-06 6:12:55

Am Samstag 06 März 2010 01:11:44 schrieb stayros kroustouris:
> 2010/3/6 Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org>
>
> > Em Sexta-feira 5. Março 2010, às 19.42.04, Joris Guisson escreveu:
> > > I'm currently using KWorkSpace::requestShutDown for an automatic
> > > shutdown feature. However this only seems to work on KDE, not on
> > > gnome, so I was wondering if there is a more cross desktop and cross
> > > platform way to do this ?
> >
> > No, there's no cross-platform way.
>
> Yes there is.Try the shutdown command via the konsole/gnome-terminal/xterm:
> shutdown  -h(whic means halt/poweroff) (time)

No there isn't your solution to the problem works on an OS level while he
asked for a solution out of a userspace-application. DBus , btw, comes to my
mind maybe there is something you could call to shut your system down.

Shutdown/Halt are usual commands normally installed in sbin(Not good if you
want to use it from a $USER's space ).

Cheers,

Andreas.