List:       kde-devel
Subject:    CMake error configuring extragear (webkitpart related)
From:       Jonathan Marten <jjm2 () keelhaul ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2010-03-05 16:54:42

I've been getting the following while trying to configure extragear
since about a week or so ago.  Has anyone else got the same, or have
any suggestions on how to deal with it?  This is using CMake 2.8.0.

-- checking for module 'kwebkitpart'
--   package 'kwebkitpart' not found
-- Found KWebKitPart: /ws/trunk/extragear
CMake Error at base/konq-plugins/babelfish/CMakeLists.txt:15 (target_link_libraries):
  Target "kwebkitpart" of type MODULE_LIBRARY may not be linked into another
  target.  One may link only to STATIC or SHARED libraries, or to executables
  with the ENABLE_EXPORTS property set.

  If you are developing a new project, re-organize it to avoid linking to
  modules.  If you are just trying to build an existing project, set
  CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 2.2 or lower to allow linking to modules.

The same also happens with
  base/konq-plugins/searchbar/CMakeLists.txt
  base/konq-plugins/akregator/CMakeLists.txt

As far as I can tell this is not a CMake problem, although it may be
more particular than earlier versions - kwebkitpart (built in
extragear/base/kwebkitpart) is indeed a module because kde4_add_plugin
(in KDE4Macros.cmake) specifies that.

Regards, Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk