List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to find device path of cd/dvd drive?
From:       Yogesh Marwaha <yogeshm.007 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-04 11:22:20

Hi,

I'm experimenting with a cd ripper using KDE+GStreamer. To work with
GStreamer I need to use path to cd/dvd drive e.g. /dev/cdrom etc.
I find Solid as a good option to look for available CD/DVD drives and
whether they have any supported media loaded, but I'm not sure whether
I can get path to device using Solid. Can someone suggest what should
I do to get information about CD/DVD drives (and path to device)?

Regards,

--
Yogesh M
http://sparklemedia.sourceforge.net/