List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Introducing QWebdav library
From:       Corentin Chary <corentin.chary () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-27 18:10:17

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org> wrote:
> Em Sábado 6. Fevereiro 2010, às 11.32.12, Corentin Chary escreveu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Initial version of QWebdav library has been pushed to
>> http://dev.iksaif.net/projects/qwebdav and
>> http://git.iksaif.net/?p=qwebdav.git;a=summary .
>> It's a Qt Webdav library for Qt4 using QHttp. A small webdav explorer
>> using QWebdav is shipped in examples/explorer.
>>
>> Currently, the library is very close to the QHttp (and QFtp) interface.
>>
>> Yes, I know, QHttp is know deprecated in favor of
>> QNetworkAccessManager, but there
>> is currently no way to do that with QNetworkAccessManager.
>>
>> If you have any comment/patchs/request about this code, please let me know
>> !
>
> There is a way to do it with QNetworkAccessManager: modify it and send the
> feature in as a merge request.
>
> Please DO NOT use QHttp. We've stopped fixing bugs in that class. Let it die.

Hi Thiago,
I started looking at the QNetworkAccessManager code.

Here is what I'm planning to do, but before I start working on this, I
want to have some feedback.

1 - Implement deleteRessource() and head() for file and ftp (head
would return some information in the header, without the data)
2 - Add mkdir - copy - rename - move operations and implement them for
http (webdav), file and ftp
3 - Add a remove() alias for deleteRessource(), because
deleteRessource is an ugly name
4 - Implement list for file, ftp and http (webdav). Currently I'm not
sure how to do that. Maybe adding a "void 	listInfo ( const QUrlInfo &
i )" signal to QNetworkReply ?

If anybody have anything to tell about that, please speak up :)

--
Corentin Chary
http://xf.iksaif.net